A Leader in Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company
Asphalt shingle roofing is the most common and affordable roofing option available in Richardson, TX. It’s the best option for a reliable roof, no matter your budget. You can find asphalt shingles in a variety of color and style options. We will work with you to find the most attractive options for your home and budget.
J.L. Moore Construction is the Richardson roofing company that is dependable and trusted for our attention to detail. We guarantee that your next roofing project will be completed with the highest quality and customer service. We will make sure that your home is protected with quality workmanship and that your roof will last for decades to come.
Call us today at (469) 372-2001 to schedule a free inspection. We cannot wait to go over our asphalt roofing services with you.
Brands We Work With
J.L. Moore Construction is proud to be a Tamko Pro Certified and a certified IKO Roof Pro roofing company. This ensures that we offer top-quality products to our customers and can offer the best warranties.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and premium asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Upclose, a three-tab shingle can be classified by its shape and cutout. It is a one-piece shingle that looks like three separate pieces. They are lightweight and energy-efficient, making them the most affordable roofing available. Although they have the shortest lifespan out of all the other roofing types, they can still last up to 20 years when properly installed and maintained.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
Architectural shingles are a great choice if your home’s curb appeal is important. They come in more colors, are laminated, and add dimension to your roof’s appearance. They often come in reflective versions that help with cooling costs in the summer. These asphalt shingles are designed to be higher quality and three-tab shingles and can last up to 30 years.
Premium Asphalt Shingles
If you want your roof to have a more luxurious look but don’t want to spend a luxurious amount of money, then premium/luxury shingles are the way to go. You can find asphalt shingles that mimic other roofing types, including slate or cedar. While asphalt shingles won’t have the same lifespan as those materials, you can still enjoy your premium roof for the next 25 years!
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When deciding what type of roof to install, it’s always beneficial to know what to expect.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordable: Asphalt shingles are the most budget-friendly roofing option across the country. Combined with financing options, it’s the best choice for anyone who needs a roof!
- Stylish: You can find asphalt shingle roofs in a variety of color options, so you will be sure to find one that fits the look of your home.
- Easy repairs: When properly installed and maintained, you can prolong the life of your roof with simple repairs. Most repairs can be done in under a day without disrupting your life.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are not reusable. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to weather: Shingles may become loose or damaged during a severe storm. Extreme heat can also cause them to crack or warp over time.
Shingle Roof FAQs
Is it worth replacing my roof?
What are the most popular types of shingle roofs in Richardson, TX?
Architectural shingles are often the preferred choice because they are more durable than three-tab shingles. Even without harsh weather conditions, architectural shingles have the longest lifespan of up to 30 years.